Special events provide a rhythm to the school year, punctuating it with different activities which offer opportunities for wider learning outside the classroom, or just the chance to have some fun together. On leaving school, many students will point to such special events as highlights of their school life.
NBIS holds several ‘events’ each year including:
- Community Welcome Party or Picnic
- International Day – a celebration of diversity
- The Storyteller – a visit by a renowned author and teller of stories
- The Winter Concert – usually the biggest school production of the year
- The Chinese Culture Day – a major production + programme of special lessons and activities based around a Chinese theme.
- Farewell Dinner – a Parents and Teachers event in an attractive location